The Sanguinarian

The Sanguinarian

Wednesday 1 April 2015

A for Anything goes!








Okay, so I am starting the month of April and the A-Z challenge with a rant.
Ranting is all I like to do nowadays.
Why do I rant so much?
Because of the bullshit I see happening around me nowadays.
Anything...anything can happen...anything goes. That anything doesn't have to be necessarily correct, and in this case, it's not. It's like the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle have readjusted themselves...to make a new puzzle which doesn't make any sense anymore. It's like everything is out of place, in a constant state of chaos.
Documentaries on rape crises get banned, but politicians who make sexist comments on women don't get banned, or even arrested.
One religious nut asked his followers to dig up graves of Muslim women and have sex with them. Openly, on video, he said this, to loud applause from those followers. Nobody said anything.
Another nut made an offensive comment about women's bodies in Parliament, and refused to apologize. Another state minister said women shouldn't sit outside in the sun for protests because their skin will become dark and they won't be able to 'find a suitable groom'.
While another said every Hindu woman should have 4 kids so she can counter 'Muslim' overpopulation. He didn't get banned.
Passing a law on banning beef for religious reasons is done without much ado, but enacting a law to build the proposed 660 rape crisis centers in the country to help rape survivors is being dragged on.
Calling India's Daughter a conspiracy to shame India is okay.
Understanding that the filmmaker herself is a rape survivor trying to tell stories of others like her is not.
A successful Bollywood actress got called names just because she went to Sydney to see her boyfriend playing in a cricket match- that India lost. People go overboard, mixing their love of cricket with jingoism and made offensive comments about the actress and her boyfriend's personal lives.
While on TV, Kapil Sharma gets away with making offensive jokes on women who are either white or fat. Nobody says a word or bans him.
The Prime Minister conveniently stays quiet when his ministers make all those moronic comments- when, before he was elected PM, he had an opinion on near about EVERYTHING. Now he can't open his mouth...just like he accused his predecessor of doing. Except the predecessor was an actually decent man, if not necessarily a good politician.
Pseudo-science is being spread in the name of scientific discovery. Education is being hijacked by politico-religious elements. But nobody bans these morons who defile science in the name of...what I really don't know.
Mahatma Gandhi's killer is being celebrated as a martyr. Nobody bans these people.

So basically, as you can see, Anything goes. Just about anything.


This post is a part of the A-Z blogging challenge...http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for deleting my comment, lol. I tried to edit it when I noticed I wrote "crime" when what I meant was "hate crime"...and I panicked when I realized that dropping the word "hate" made me look really racist...but I couldn't edit it. Obviously murder is crime. What constitutes hate crime was the issue I was getting at...but I'm going to go sit in a corner and be embarrassed now...

      Delete
  2. Awesome rant! You have a lot to say and you say it well. Great start to the A-to-Z!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Prachi Anything goes..when we run out of excuses just say ANYTHING!! We are so good at it. Watching your space for more write-ups!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ranting is rave! ;-) I had no idea about most of the nut cases you mentioned, and now I don't want to live in this world anymore... *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now you have made me want to run away and find somewhere else to live. A place where people are more rational, considerate and basically not nuts! But is there such a place? I wonder. Loved reading your rant and you have made very sensible points. I hope people "grow up" and be more considerate and less nosy! LOL
    Would love to read more fro you Prachi. :)

    -Nikita @Njkinny's World of Books & Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anything goes! Yep...unfortunately the next generation is learning this at levels I can't even comprehend...so scared of what the world is going to look like in another 15 years. Anything does go....so then what can we do about it?

    ReplyDelete